Saturday, July 18, 2009

Mercedes





Mercedes is doing very well. She has lost a little weight, but she should start feeding tomorrow, which will help. Originally, I was told that she would start eating today. I am not sure what changed the doctor's mind, and none of the nurses knew why the order was changed. The important thing is that she will get some formula and breast milk tomorrow. She has started sucking on a pacifier, but she is not doing it very strongly. Hopefully, her suck reflex will kick in soon and she can start eating on her own.
I did kangaroo care with her for an hour today. I got to hold her on my chest skin to skin. I think it might be the coolest thing I have ever done in my entire life. I can't help smiling just thinking about it. I love them all so much! I am going to try with Orlando too, tomorrow. I can't do kangaroo care with Reese until he is off of the dopamine for his blood pressure.
Hopefully, Mercedes will keep fighting as hard as she has been all along. I feel like she is going to continue to get better and better. She is a little fighter. Plus, she is the cutest baby girl ever born. I checked the records. It's true. There has never been a cuter baby girl. I just need her too get bigger.

1 comment:

  1. I gotta agree with you there Josh... she is pretty adorable! And what an excellent name she has. ;)

    ReplyDelete